- The purpose of an air conditioning unit is to filter the dust from the circulating air and replace it with fresh, clean air, destroying any bacteria along the way. So aside from cooling, air conditioning units have a medically advantageous effect and can aid in the protection of our health. Regular maintenance and repair are imperative to the efficiency of an air conditioning unit. Neglecting the unit’s basic maintenance will result in dusty and dirty filters, which will block the air flow. Severely clogged filters will cause a swift decline in the unit’s cooling performance, while rapidly increasing energy consumption. Regular maintenance will significantly reduce breakdowns and it is far cheaper to maintain the unit than it is to repair or replace its parts.
- An understanding of how an air conditioning unit works is imperative to the smooth running of your system. At Toolman, we perform a series of diagnostic tests to ensure that the unit is functioning properly. This includes cleaning the condenser coil, as a dirty condenser coil will raise refrigerant pressures, in turn increasing electrical costs. A clean interior free from dust is vitally important to your condenser coils and evaporator. The thermostat will be checked to make sure it is accurate, as well as an inspection of the compressor fan and motor amp draw to ensure optimum performance and operational levels. All electrical connections will be examined to ensure safety and extend the life of your system.
- Fresh air must be circulated through the condenser and evaporator coils, and it is important that the air conditioning unit does not become mixed with dust particles. The filters should be cleaned at least every other month for home applications and every 3 months in an office environment to prevent a build-up of bacteria. Without proper maintenance your system's components will start to break down over time. An annual planned preventative maintenance program from Toolman is all it takes to maintain your investment year after year. This will actually save you money in the long run as it is cheaper to repair than it is to replace most of your unit’s parts.
- Electrical problems are highly unpredictable and can occur at any time. Situations may arise where an electrical appliance suddenly stops working, a plug socket starts to malfunction, or your light fixtures and dimmers fail. Electricity can be extremely dangerous, and many problems can occur when a layman attempts to fix the appliances themselves. Therefore, trained, licensed and insured professionals are an important part of the process to safeguard against any electrical failure or short within the wiring. The good news is that an electrician knows what to do in any type of electrical failure situation. If you suspect that there is a problem with any of your electrical appliances don't try to diagnose and fix it yourself, contact us. Leave the professional tasks to the experts and you can relax knowing that your home is in good hands.
- Toolman offers a fully comprehensive inspection of your electrical system to determine its condition, bringing to light to any pressing safety issues. As an electrical fault can occur at any time, we provide full re-wiring, installation and re-fit on all of your electrical appliances. We will advise on the best consumer unit to install and then carryout the electrical work quickly, safely and efficiently. This will allow you to plan both preventative maintenance and address any pressing safety issues or electrical faults. If an appliance suddenly stops working it may be due to faulty electrical wiring or a blown fuse, which will cause the appliance to constantly “trip”. A blown fuse can severely damage the electrical circuit and must be replaced immediately. This is when a circuit breaker, one of the most important safety mechanisms in your home, comes in to play. It is an automatically operated electrical switch designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused by a blown fuse. For your safety alone it is imperative that both the fuse and the circuit breaker are fully functioning.
- Plumbing problems always occur at the most inconvenient times. With daily use and environmental factors, one of the most frequently damaged parts of a house is its plumbing. Water can be extremely damaging to any structure. Luckily, most blockage problems are easy to detect. However, leakage in pipes can be a serious problem. By seeping into the foundation of a house the water will seriously weaken its structure. If this problem goes undedicated for a long period of time, the affected area could develop fungi due to excess moisture. This can become a huge health risk.
- At Toolman we believe that regular consultations are necessary to protect your home and office against costly water damage and toxic mold. Leaks will often occur when component parts are worn out and need replacing or adjusting. The most common water leak is usually caused by the toilet and even the smallest of holes can cause a significant amount of water waste per hour, costing you up to several thousand dirhams per month. Such a leak is hard to detect and usually the result of worn or misaligned parts. The most likely scenario is that the leak is located around the plunger ball or flapper valve at the bottom of the tank, or it may even be the result of a cracked overflow pipe.
- It is important to be aware that the damage caused by a leaking pipe or faulty plumbing system could quickly turn out to be very costly and a potentially hazardous affair. This is why it is important to regularly maintain the systems of your home and office. Take a water heater for example, all too often the water heater is left to churn away without maintenance and thanklessly make hot water for us, day in, day out. Without the required maintenance it will cease to work due to rust and corrosion. At Toolman we will review and diagnose your water heater, faucets and pipes, recommending the necessary repairs to ensure no nasty surprises.
- The saying ‘no job too big, no job too small’ is more than fitting at Toolman. With society’s busy schedules and hectic lifestyles, we struggle to find the time to complete our never-ending ‘to-do’ lists and things can quickly become overwhelming. Instead of giving yourself a headache and potentially making a large DIY mistake, it may be time to look into hiring a handyman. Handyman services are invaluable, especially if you need a task completed in a timely fashion. Toolman has years of experience and will be able to have major or minor home repairs fixed quickly and efficiently.
- Instead of wasting time and money spent on DIY efforts that often take more than one attempt and twice the time you anticipate, why not hire Toolman a professional company for results that are guaranteed to look great. With all the right tools and expert knowledge, we will be able to successfully complete your desired job the first time. Hiring a handyman is often the cheaper solution, allowing you to avoid spending money on redoing the project completely or replacing it sooner than expected because of improper installation.
- We cover everything from assembling furniture to fitting shelves or pictures. We pride ourselves on the standard of our highly skilled handymen, who always work hard. We would never send a low skilled, ill-equipped Handyman to undertake even the most menial of tasks. Our handymen are all experienced, trade qualified personnel who will ensure you receive the highest possible professional standards.
- Most people perceive painting to be a job that they can easily tackle. However, professional painting will significantly enhance the look and feel of your property. You can rely on us to use the right painting products for the job, ensuring a wall that is well protected from deterioration and has long lasting results. This means that you will not have to redo the job each year, saving you time and money in the long run. We also assure that the job will be completed in a timely manner with care and quality.
- We understand that most normal wear and tear gradually begins to take its toll on your property. It is to be expected that walls and ceilings will suffer minor damage or scrapes over the years, but at Toolman we believe that you should always get the most out of your property. No matter how big or small the job, extra caution will always be taken to ensure that the room is properly ventilated, prepared and cleaned so that the room is not left with any harmful fumes and the paint does not plunge onto your floors and furniture.
- The use of drop cloths and plastic coverings are imperative to avoid the dreaded paint drippings and hand smudged walls. However, our service is more than just the care that we take, it is the techniques, tools and paints that we use. We have all the right equipment needed to do the job to the highest possible standard. We will create the texture and style that you desire. With our range of sprayers, rollers and brushes, our work is guaranteed to be fast and efficient.